Perimeters enable eyecare professionals to measure a patient’s field of vision. With one eye covered, patients focus on a single point on a small screen and click a button when a movement appears. This movement (typically a wavy square or shape) could appear above, below, or to the side of that set point. Because of this, the test measures both central and peripheral vision. Perimetry is essential for determining any areas of vision loss. Different patterns of vision loss can indicate nerve damage, which can be caused by a variety of eye diseases or conditions. Peripheral vision loss, in particular, could be an early sign of glaucoma.
Practitioners should use perimeters early and often with patients to track any changes in vision. Perimeters can be used in daily, routine operations and examinations as well as for follow-up evaluations and statistical analysis of results. Perimetry tests can be compared to analyze changes and help draw a diagnosis or recommend further evaluation. Perimetry is often used to determine legal assessment of blindness.
Oculus has been a technology-driven optometry equipment partner for eyecare professionals around the world for over 120 years. The company is known for its highly sophisticated products and customer satisfaction. Oculus understands the daily demands placed on practitioners and continues to research and develop new ways to make those demands easier, better, and more efficient. Products include Refraction Equipment, Slit Lamps, Topography Equipment, and Binocular Loupes.
- No “dark room” needed
- Self-contained measurement system
- Intuitive, easy-to-use user interface
- Ergonomic and compact design
- Hardware supports future upgrades
- Only portable model to examine entire visual field (up to 70 degrees)
- Static perimetry
- Ultra compact design provides screening up to 30 degrees
- Innovative SPARK test strategy completes examination in three minutes
- Delivers evaluations of the Glaucoma Staging Program
- Conforms to Goldmann perimeter standards and ISO-12866 requirement
- Smallest full -fledged perimeter on the market.
- Easyfield C has an adjustable chin rest and uses translucent eye shields for maximum patient comfort
- Comes with a set of predefined programs for most frequently needed examination routines of the central visual field or the macular area.
- Bowl perimeter with back-surface projection
- Offers precise, reliable visual field findings
- Static perimetry with automatic or manual kinetic examination
- Classic, fast, and suprathreshold measurement examination
- Offers color perimetry testing
- Permits legal assessment of blindness or ability to drive